Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Way Out West

For this assignment, we were tasked with making a storyboard for our partner (or art director) for a script that they chose. We had to follow a shot list that our partner created and had to draw the different shots as they were laid out. For this list, I decided to try my hand at drawing the thumbnails on pieces of paper instead of in Photoshop to see how my skills have improved, and so far, they were pretty decent. I do prefer paper over the tablet since I've always been accustomed to drawing on paper throughout my life, so I feel more confident doing it that way. I feel like I was able to tell the story well through these thumbnails, but for any that may have seemed confusing, I also helped explain them. The only problem I ran into was how detailed the shot list was that was given to me. The descriptions on this shot list were a little more vague, so some shots were a little confusing to figure out and I occasionally had to look at the original script to find out some more details. Also, I'm not too great at drawing certain high angles or low angles, so that was a challenge for me most definitely. My partner and I contacted each other just a few times for clarification, but it wasn't needed too much. Overall, I feel this was a decent start.

No comments:

Post a Comment