Friday, April 14, 2017

Motion, One of the Harder Projects

For this assignment, we were tasked with depicting motion through our images, whether that be showing motion blur, creating light trails, or freezing things in time, making them abnormal from reality. This assignment was a little tougher for me since there was a lot more technique involved in taking these kind of photos, but I did eventually get the hang of it. For this picture, I wanted to show the truck moving very fast towards the left, and I used the panning technique to do this. I intended on keeping the truck on the right side of the frame to show that it was moving to the left, and I feel like that, along with the blur and the white lines from the road can easily lead the audience to the main focal point. It was pretty difficult to get a good, in-focus picture such as this one since the subject is moving so fast, and once that subject is gone, you can't ever get the same subject again (unless you're very lucky of course). I didn't use very many Photoshop techniques except for some levels and brightness/contrast adjustments, but I did, however, add an unsharp mask, allowing me to paint out the truck and make it much sharper against the blurry background, just so it isn't lost in the blurry background. I think one of the only problems I really ran into was just the panning technique. For some, you can get really good pictures while others could all be trashed, so it was good practice for me and it allowed for more experimentation. Overall, I think I did pretty well, and I definitely plan on keeping this technique memorized for personal use.

No comments:

Post a Comment