Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Game Environment Scene Part 2: Beginning of Models and References


For this part, I was tasked with beginning my modeling process. To really start this process, I had to get reference, and most of the images online didn't have good angles or looks at the building I am modeling, so I had to actually go in-game to gather reference.


I ended up taking a bunch of different screenshots in-game using the spectator mode that Overwatch has to get all angles of the lighthouse that I plan on modeling. Also, the spectator mode within the game allows me to look fully vertical downards, so I utilized this to get the texture of the roof tiling on the building, and I have plans to get the textures for the walls.


I plan on getting a lot more modeling and UVing done after this point, but I felt like I was struggling a bit to really figure out how to model certain things, such as the doorways into the lighthouse as well as the edges and bevels. I will most likely looks up some tutorials and ask for help to help me figure these problems out. Overall, I just hope to get my problems sorted out so I can utilize my time more efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment