Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Dining Project Part 3: UVing, Lighting, and some more Modeling


For this part of the project, I was tasked with adding in some lighting into my scene, as well as finishing up some models and UVs so I could then get started on the textures.


In terms of lighting, I was able to put in a few different types of lighting, and one of those was the hanging lights that you see here. Since this is a requirement for this project, this was my first priority. What I did is used simple cones and cylinders to represent the light shade and the cable, and a sphere with certain statistics to make a "glowing" light bulb. I used spot lights to achieve the light that it shines down onto the bar and tables.


I also made some small little lights to go on some parts of the shelving behind the bar as another accent and light fixture in the scene. As seen in the first picture, they came out quite well and don't take away from the scene.


Finally, I was able to get windows put into the right wall of my scene, allowing for natural light to enter my scene as well. I put in a sort of skybox as well to add a more natural look for the outside. I ended up using the glass preset for my windows and then messing with those settings for a bit after many failed attempts of recreating a glass texture.

Overall, I feel the progress is going steadily, but I will be starting to pick up my pace since the due date is right around the corner. I did have a few different problems, with things such as lighting not showing up to lights not duplicating to mesh lights not working right. There were many times I had to take breaks due to the program being super finicky and glitchy at times, but hopefully things start to settle in fine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment