Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The Dining Project Part 2: Modeling and UVing


For this part, I was tasked with modeling and UVing the objects within my scene, and so far, there have been some good parts and some not so good parts. Overall, I feel like I've been getting some decent progress in.



I was able to get my bar all UV'ed (I didn't change it really from the blocking version since it still seemed to fit my scene well, so I only did minor touches to it). I simply used planar UVs and unfolded them by cutting a few corners on the sides.


I kept my shelving the same too as it fit well with my scene, but I do still have plans to add either a mirror or some form of beer dispenser in the middle in the big open part. The UVs went down normally as usual, with the process being the same as the bar UVs.


I managed to do the floors and walls of the cube and get them UV'ed, as well as the ceiling (not pictured) using the same process as my other UVs. I do have plans to go back in and work with them a little bit more if I do happen to add anything like windows or pillars and such.


I got my chairs modeled (it actually was quite simple to do) and now have the UVs to do on it. I experimented a little bit on different ways of UVing it, but I haven't been able to find a way yet.


Finally, I was able to make a stool (with a curved back rest to boot, using just a few edge loops). However, I have run into a problem that I've tried to address and that deals with the UVs. Since I used the extrude tool to make the actual seat part of the stool, the UVs come out very distorted and glitchy, so I may go back in and redo the model itself or find a way to UV it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment