Friday, May 12, 2017

Hyper-Realism

For our final picture, we were tasked with doing something out of the ordinary. We were supposed to composite two or more pictures together to create a unique looking image, whether that be a small person in a big world or a baseball with the insides of an orange. For this image, I decided to put my friend into a big world, and originally, I wanted to have him sitting on a smaller version of my car, making it more like a toy than an actual car. Unfortunately, due to certain angles, lighting, and colors that the car was in my pictures, none of them were easy to cut out, making it a very large hassle to cut it out. So, I decided to make my friend sit on my phone laying on my desk, which turned out much, much better than I expected. All I had to do was add a cooling filter to him, some curves adjustment, some extra shading, and a slight glow on his back to represent the phone screen glow. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I think next time though, I definitely want to take pictures in front of a background relatively different to what I want to cut out so that way it is a much easier process for me and so the cutouts look much nicer and cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment